This a constantly evolving list of all of the adventures I want to have in my life. I hope my bucket list inspires you to add something to yours.
Completed: 22 Adventures
- Go bowling in Antarctica.
- Live in a Buddhist monastery.
- Go river rafting down the Grand Canyon.
- Scuba dive in a shipwreck. (June 2014)
- Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef.
- Climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Go to India.
- See an endangered species in the wild.
- Ride an elephant.
- Go cliff diving. (Summer 2011)
- Go skydiving. (Fall 2011)
- Go hot air ballooning.
- Be a Peace Corps Volunteer. (September 2014)
- Hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. (January 2014)
- Spend two months backpacking around Europe.
- Go to Cappadocia, Turkey.
- Make a spontaneous trip to a foreign country (less than 24 hours of planning)
- Kiss on the top of the Eiffel Tower. (January 2013)
- Go on a safari.
- Live in Africa.
- Go to Africa. (March 2013)
- Go to the Day of the Dead in Mexico.
- Go to Loy Krathong, the sky lantern festival in Thailand.
- Visit Karnak Temple in Egypt.
- Farm lavender in the south of France.
- Ride bikes in Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
- Go to the Boryeong Mud Festival in South Korea. (July 2013)
- Watch a fire walking ceremony.
- Complete the Te Araroa Trail in New Zealand.
- Complete the Pacific Crest Trail.
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin. (March 2013)
- Complete a triathlon.
- Complete a half marathon. (Fall 2012)
- Complete a marathon.
- Backpack 500 miles: backpacked 246/500 miles (only includes miles with a pack on).
- Take swing dancing lessons.
- Go see the Olympics.
- Take a Zumba class. (9/26/2013)
- Go parasailing.
- Glissade down a glacier.
- Run a seven minute mile (or less!).
- Run an eight minute mile. (8/9/2013)
- Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge. (9/7/2013)
- Attend Mardi Graz in New Orleans.
- Climb up the Statue of Liberty.
- Ride a mechanical bull. 11/6/2013
- Listen to war stories from a veteran.
- Go to Glacier National Park.
- Complete the John Muir Trail.
- Go to Wegman’s Grocery in Rochester, New York
- Meet Augusten Burroughs.
- Go kayaking in Alaska.
- Try cowboy ranching.
- Make a handmade quilt.
- Be an extra in a major motion picture film in LA.
- See a musical on Broadway. (Summer 2012)
- Visit all 50 States.
- Go to graduate school.
- Publish a literary work.
- Read the BBC 100 “Big Read”: read 32/100 books (you can see my progress here).
- Read an entire shelf of books at the library.
- Paint a self-portrait.
- Become fluent in Spanish.
- Graduate from college. (May 2014)
- Be a Fulbright Scholar.
- Be a Robert Bosch Foundation Fellow.
- Read every novel that has won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction: read 8/87 books (you can see my progress here).
- Watch every movie that has won an Academy Award for best picture: watched 14/84 movies (and even more progress!).
- Go to a TED talk. (February 8th, 2014)
- Go to the official TED conference.
- Write an article for a newspaper or magazine.
- Meet a Nobel Prize winner.
- Take up astronomy like Patrick Moore.
- Go on a Silent Retreat.
- Go to a TED talk.
- Witness a miracle.
- Meet someone who drinks more tea than I do.
- Find some kind of God.
- Take thousands of pictures. (Winter 2013)
- Reach a state of spiritual enlightenment.
- Learn how to grow and blend a unique variety of tea.
The Family (Wo)Man
- Have a child.
- Write and illustrate a children’s story dedicated to a family member.
- Host a family reunion.
- Care for my parents in their old age.
- Give a eulogy.
- Start my own business.
- Lead my business for three years.
- Win an award for social entrepreneurship.
- Fund 1,000 Kiva microfinance loans (Progress: 7 loans /1,000 loans).
(Still want to develop this section more- this is definitely a work in progress)
- Conserve 100 acres of land as a conservation land trust.
- Be Santa Claus for Christmas. Go all out.
- Volunteer at a hospice.
- Be a baby cuddler at a hospital for a year.
- Donate a large sum of money to charity anonymously.
- Get a driver’s licence. (Winter 2011)
- Perform as a street musician/performer.
- Make the front page of the newspaper.
- Help deliver a baby.
- Be an extra in a major motion picture film.
- Have a dog that has puppies.
- Go on a reality TV show/game show.
- Go to a reputable psychic.
- Shower in a waterfall. (Fall 2012)
- Milk a cow. (August 2014)
- Make a sculpture to put in the front yard.
- Go to a nudist colony.
- Be an extra in a zombie movie.
- Invent a board game that someone loves.
- Watch a fire walking ceremony.
- Take part in a giant pillow fight.
- Learn how to cook brilliantly.
- Get 10,000 page views on my blog. (July 2013)
- Get 100,000 page views on my blog.
- Get 1,000,000 page views on my blog.
- Eat at a restaurant with a Michelin three star rating.
Automatic level-up items
- Earn $1,000/month from my own business.
- Go to all seven continents (5/7).
- Publish a book.
- Read all of the books on the “1,001 Books to Read Before You Die” list (2% completed).